8/4/07

Why dating during divorce isn't wise

One of the biggest surprises I had as I went through divorce was when I consulted a lawyer about my legal rights. I assumed that since my husband had abandoned our marriage six months before, I would be free to date. Wrong. The lawyer told me to stay away from any romantic entanglements, or else my husband could accuse me of adultery. Such an action could also affect my final settlement.

There are so many legal pitfalls to be wary of as you go through this painful process. These links leads to important advice, including a previous post I wrote on this subject.

1 comment:

black dating said...

Yeah right you should not really date any man not unless you're fully divorced with your husband. Divorce took a long way process so you have to be patient enough because if you do some illegal thing like dating to other guy for sure you will be put on jail.